Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Rule of Fashion

The first rule and only rule of fashion is...



I am not only suggesting but I am challenging you.  Wear stripes and polka dots, brown and black, and every other combination you were always told not to wear.  There are no rules in fashion.  Which brings me to talk about the no white after labor day.

Sure, my friends and I joke about it and continuously said that we needed to wear all our white pants last week but in reality, we didn't have to!  Not wearing white after labor day stems from the old tradition of the upper class leaving their white clothing at their summer homes so it would not get dingy during the fall and winter.  However, today,  many designers create wardrobes and pieces that can be worn during any season and in any weather.  They are not following the rule, so why should you?  

Be different.  Be you.  Sport any outfit you want this fall and tell me about it!

Stay Sunny !

1 comment: