Saturday, May 26, 2012

Living The Ape Life and Conquering Fears

GoApe is an activity in England that I have grown to be obsessed with!  This morning we woke up bright and early and headed for one of the many national parks!  Once we arrived, Uncle England (what I will be calling my uncle we are staying with) set us off on a path up to the activity hut!  GoApe is a ropes course that you go on throughout the tree tops of the forest!  There are dozens and dozens of ropes and courses.  The scariest part was that you are on your own!  We had to control our own harnesses and everything!  Thankfully, I was not scared and my fantastic sister overcame her fear of heights! Our lovely friend was a bit scared and discovered that she is afraid of heights though!  It was a day full of fears for the girls which brought me to question what are my fears?!

I have come up with a list of my fears and we have decided that this trip will be about conquering all fears.  Unfortunately my fears aren't common like heights, snakes, spiders, etc.  I am a little different.  I love adventure and I live off of that natural high.  My fears are a little deeper within me (besides the one fear of not looking good in an outfit haha).


  1. Fear of people judging me.
  2. Fear of being forgotten.
  3. Fear of someone being mad at me.
  4. Fear of not saying what I wanted to say.
  5. Fear of "what if..."
That is all I feel comfortable to share right now but as the trip goes on, I am sure I will share more!  Number 5 might be the trickiest for me since I am constantly thinking and questioning everything!

Those are all of the things I have decided I need to work on while I am here.  I guess by leaving in the first place I started to conquer number 2.  One day at a time I will slowly become into a stronger and more courageous person!



Do you have any fears?! Big or small, they all matter! 

Stay Sunny!

1 comment:

  1. forget you? no! They still remember you at the Pub and you were only 3 when last there!

    ReplyDelete