Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day Jitters

Today was my first day of my junior year at RIC.  I love school (I am a nerd) but I still get wicked nervous when it comes to the first day!  I thought of a few things last night to help me calm my nerves for tomorrow's full day of class! 

  1. Check the weather for tomorrow!  You never know if it may be scorching hot, rainy, or a little on  the chilly side up here in New England.
  2. Pack your bag!  (I will post about what I like to carry with me at all times in a little bit!)
  3. Pick out an outfit that is comfortable, makes you feel confident, and appropriate for the weather outside and inside the classroom! 
Here are two outfits that I thought would be perfect for the first day of class!


chill classroom
Rebecca Taylor sequin jacket / H&M high waisted shorts, $32 / Jack Wills leather loafer / Alex and Ani wire jewelry / Kate Spade jewelry

hot classroom
Sleeveless shirt / Forever New short shorts, $52 / Ballerina shoes / Alex and Ani wire jewelry / Kate Spade jewelry

Both seem comfortable and appropriate.  You must keep in mind that college is also more of a professional environment in the classroom.  You don't want to show up looking ready to go to the bar! 

Planning an outfit always calms my jitters.. how about you?

Stay Sunny !

1 comment: