Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ace It!

I have been living in the city for six weeks now and it has truly taught me a lot about life and my career.  Although I don't graduate until May 2014, this internship has taught me a lot about how I should act during an interview and what I should do.  I figured I would share my tips with all of you because let's be honest, we could always improve!

Ace that Interview

Be prepared.  This one if quite obvious, but it really is important.  Make sure you bring copies of your resume and that you really know not only the company but the person interviewing you.  Be ready to answer any question about the company, their clients, and even their future aspirations without being asked.

Make a great first impression.  Be enthusiastic when you show up so your interviewer knows that you are ready and want to be there.  My grandfather always taught me that a firm handshake is important and after living in NYC, I truly believe that.  I don't trust someone who won't shake my hand.

Tell me about yourself.  That is the one question I always dread but I have learned that it is a great way for me to show my personality and facts about myself not in my resume!  I can share that I'm an avid traveler or that I love trying new things.

Lastly, make a statement.  You should wear your favorite piece, be it a shirt, pair of shoes, or a necklace that really shows your personal style.  It will be memorable for the interviewer and definitely a conversation starter once you have left the office.  Everyone at my internship remembered me by my bright coral pumps.  They were business professional but definitely made a silent statement!
An older picture I took on IG of the infamous coral pumps!

I hope my tips have helped!

Stay Sunny !

No comments:

Post a Comment