Thursday, July 25, 2013

Freshly Squeezed

This whole no Pepsi thing is a lot harder than I thought.  I drink it about 1/5 the amount I used to and now whenever I have even a sip I feel guilty.  That's progress right?  Anyways, although there is still a ton of sugar in lemonade it is a summer staple so every now and then I decide to grab it instead of water!  I came across 6 different lemonade recipes on Glitter Guide and figured I would share them with you!

lemonade

Add some seasonal basil.  This doesn't look appetizing to me (I'm not a fan for plants in my drinks) but I think I may have to give it a try!  Sounds refreshing!

Blend lemon and floral lavendar with cool mint.  Another flowery drink but this one is refreshing as well and will keep you cool and relaxed in that hot summer sun we have been having!

Cucumber mint lemonade.  How delicious does that one sound?!  You will be instantly hydrated I bet!

Splash in some sparkling pomegranate juice.  I am just obsessed with pomagranates and pomegranate juice.  It is so delicious and sweet but tart at the same time!  I have no idea why I never thought of adding that to my lemonade!

Thyme and vodka.  Well happy hour will definitely be happy with this batch of lemonade!  I think this might tast delicious if you get the right mixture going on.

Whiskey, simple syrup, and lemon juice.  This is a bit different than lemonade and bit more like a whiskey sour but hey, another happy hour drink?  I'll take it.

 
If you try any of these let me know how they taste!  I cannot wait to hear!

Stay Sunny !

No comments:

Post a Comment